Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Arrest made after 2 killed at Alabama club
Saturday - 12/22/2012, 1:19pm EST
HOOVER, Ala. (AP) - Police have arrested a suspect in the shooting deaths of two people overnight at a nightclub near Birmingham, Ala.
Hoover police Capt. James Coker said U.S. marshals made an arrest at 7 a.m., seven hours after the shooting inside Martini's Lounge in Hoover, Ala. The suspect has not yet been charged. Coker said the suspect is male but did not release his name.
The victims are a 19-year-old man, Monterio Alonzo Peebles-Kellogg and a 20-year-old woman, Lakenya Chaniese Moton. Both lived in Birmingham. They were declared dead at the scene.
A third victim was treated at UAB Trauma Center and released after gunshot injuries that were not life-threatening. Coker didn't give the person's identity.
Coker said the circumstances are still under investigation.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)