Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
SBI probing 2 guards over inmate hot sauce abuse
Friday - 12/21/2012, 4:51pm EST
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - A criminal investigation triggered by complaints from North Carolina inmates that they were forced to rub habanero hot sauce on their genitals is now focusing on the conduct of two prison guards.
N.C. Department of Public Safety spokeswoman Pamela Walker said Friday that agents from the State Bureau of Investigation had opened a formal criminal investigation into two correctional officers at Sampson Correctional Institution. The move comes after the SBI agents conferred with a local prosecutor about possible criminal charges.
The prison's warden and another staffer were placed on paid leave earlier this month after six inmates said they were forced to perform humiliating acts for the entertainment of guards, including stripping nude, slathering hot sauce on their private parts and pretending to have sex. A third staff member resigned.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)