Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
SBI probing 2 guards over inmate hot sauce abuse
Friday - 12/21/2012, 4:51pm EST
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - A criminal investigation triggered by complaints from North Carolina inmates that they were forced to rub habanero hot sauce on their genitals is now focusing on the conduct of two prison guards.
N.C. Department of Public Safety spokeswoman Pamela Walker said Friday that agents from the State Bureau of Investigation had opened a formal criminal investigation into two correctional officers at Sampson Correctional Institution. The move comes after the SBI agents conferred with a local prosecutor about possible criminal charges.
The prison's warden and another staffer were placed on paid leave earlier this month after six inmates said they were forced to perform humiliating acts for the entertainment of guards, including stripping nude, slathering hot sauce on their private parts and pretending to have sex. A third staff member resigned.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)