Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Funeral held in NH for mom of Conn. school gunman
Thursday - 12/20/2012, 6:33pm EST
KINGSTON, N.H. (AP) - A private funeral has been held in New Hampshire for the woman whose son shot her dead at their Connecticut home and then drove to an elementary school and killed 20 children.
The police chief in Kingston says the funeral for Nancy Lanza was held Thursday at an undisclosed location.
Chief Donald Briggs says about 25 family members attended the ceremony in the small town, where Lanza once lived.
Lanza's 20-year-old son, Adam Lanza, killed her at their home in Newtown, Conn., last week and then drove to Sandy Hook Elementary School, where he killed the children and six school employees before committing suicide.
The Newtown massacre is the second-worst school shooting in U.S. history after the 2007 Virginia Tech rampage, which left 33 people dead.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)