Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Funeral held in NH for mom of Conn. school gunman
Thursday - 12/20/2012, 6:33pm EST
KINGSTON, N.H. (AP) - A private funeral has been held in New Hampshire for the woman whose son shot her dead at their Connecticut home and then drove to an elementary school and killed 20 children.
The police chief in Kingston says the funeral for Nancy Lanza was held Thursday at an undisclosed location.
Chief Donald Briggs says about 25 family members attended the ceremony in the small town, where Lanza once lived.
Lanza's 20-year-old son, Adam Lanza, killed her at their home in Newtown, Conn., last week and then drove to Sandy Hook Elementary School, where he killed the children and six school employees before committing suicide.
The Newtown massacre is the second-worst school shooting in U.S. history after the 2007 Virginia Tech rampage, which left 33 people dead.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)