Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Good luck charms for unlucky 2013 in Times Square
Thursday - 12/20/2012, 8:43am EST
NEW YORK (AP) - Times Square officials have gathered good luck charms to accompany the unlucky number 13 that will light up when the ball drops on New Year's Eve.
The 7-foot-tall sign in the shape of the number 13 arrived in New York City's iconic tourist attraction on Wednesday. The New York Post reports ( http://bit.ly/YnKQWv) that 13 good luck charms will be installed along with the sign atop One Times Square for the celebration that will ring in the year 2013.
The charms include a four-leaf clover, gold coins and a Buddha statue. Times Square Alliance President Tim Tompkins says officials want to assuage the fears of any superstitious revelers.
More than 1 billion people are expected to watch the New Year's Eve festivities in telecasts and newscasts.
Information from: New York Post, http://www.nypost.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)