Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Man charged with firing shots outside Calif. mall
Wednesday - 12/19/2012, 12:50am EST
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) - A judge has ordered that a man charged with firing 54 shots outside a Newport Beach mall be held without bail.
Marcos Sarinana Gurrola was charged Tuesday with 54 counts of discharging a gun in public and two counts of assault because a mother and her 4-year-old daughter were knocked down and injured as they fled.
The 42-year-old ex-security guard also was charged with 10 more counts after prosecutors linked him to a similar shooting in 2011 at the same mall.
No one was hit in either shooting at Fashion Island.
A police detective says Gurrola told him he discharged the gun because "it made him feel better."
The Orange County Register ( http://bit.ly/XFXlri) reports police are investigating several similar incidents involving Gurrola.
Gurrola did not enter a plea. He's scheduled for arraignment Jan. 11.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)