Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Man charged with firing shots outside Calif. mall
Wednesday - 12/19/2012, 12:50am EST
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) - A judge has ordered that a man charged with firing 54 shots outside a Newport Beach mall be held without bail.
Marcos Sarinana Gurrola was charged Tuesday with 54 counts of discharging a gun in public and two counts of assault because a mother and her 4-year-old daughter were knocked down and injured as they fled.
The 42-year-old ex-security guard also was charged with 10 more counts after prosecutors linked him to a similar shooting in 2011 at the same mall.
No one was hit in either shooting at Fashion Island.
A police detective says Gurrola told him he discharged the gun because "it made him feel better."
The Orange County Register ( http://bit.ly/XFXlri) reports police are investigating several similar incidents involving Gurrola.
Gurrola did not enter a plea. He's scheduled for arraignment Jan. 11.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)