Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Report: $10 million Bay Bridge deal included book
Thursday - 12/13/2012, 12:03am EST
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - A newspaper is reporting that state officials overseeing construction of the new San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge had agreed to pay nearly $10 million to a San Francisco-based public relations firm for services that included thousands of dollars to conduct tours and produce a video and commemorative book.
The Sacramento Bee reports ( http://bit.ly/Z1D85B) a contract document shows that besides conducting public relations work, Words Pictures Ideas LLC was contracted to produce a "documentary video and book to highlight and document all events leading up to the opening celebrations."
The Bee reports the contract was signed by the California Department of Transportation in August and approved by the state Department of General Services on Sept. 4.
A spokesman for the state Business, Transportation & Housing Agency, which oversees Caltrans, says his agency ordered the contract canceled after Caltrans provided records of the contract to The Bee at the newspaper's request.
Information from: The Sacramento Bee, http://www.sacbee.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)