Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Ex-Florida Gov. Crist officially becomes Democrat
Thursday - 12/13/2012, 12:17pm EST
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - Former Florida Republican Governor Charlie Crist is officially a Democrat.
Joined by a gaggle of news media, Crist on Thursday filed his paperwork at the Pinellas County Supervisor of Elections office in downtown St. Petersburg.
Afterward, Crist joked with elections workers and held a short news conference outside.
Crist said he "feels comfortable" as a Democrat but remained mum on whether he would challenge Republican Governor Rick Scott.
Crist added there were a few issues he would handle differently than when he was governor _ including his signing of a petition banning same-sex marriage. He said Thursday that he wouldn't sign that petition today.
Crist was elected governor as a Republican and then ran unsuccessfully for the U.S. Senate as an independent. He tweeted Friday night that he was becoming a Democrat.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)