Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Ex-Florida Gov. Crist officially becomes Democrat
Thursday - 12/13/2012, 12:17pm EST
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - Former Florida Republican Governor Charlie Crist is officially a Democrat.
Joined by a gaggle of news media, Crist on Thursday filed his paperwork at the Pinellas County Supervisor of Elections office in downtown St. Petersburg.
Afterward, Crist joked with elections workers and held a short news conference outside.
Crist said he "feels comfortable" as a Democrat but remained mum on whether he would challenge Republican Governor Rick Scott.
Crist added there were a few issues he would handle differently than when he was governor _ including his signing of a petition banning same-sex marriage. He said Thursday that he wouldn't sign that petition today.
Crist was elected governor as a Republican and then ran unsuccessfully for the U.S. Senate as an independent. He tweeted Friday night that he was becoming a Democrat.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)