Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Keyes' family pastor says killer ranted at wedding
Friday - 12/7/2012, 2:19am EST
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - A Texas pastor says an Alaska murder suspect who confessed to targeting people across the country ranted at his sister's March wedding about how he didn't believe in God.
Israel Keyes told authorities he killed Anchorage barista Samantha Koenig and at least seven others over the past decade. He was found dead last Sunday in his Anchorage jail cell after he killed himself.
Pastor Jacob Gardner told The Anchorage Daily News ( http://is.gd/18edAk) that he was traveling with Keyes' mother and other relatives for the killer's funeral Sunday in Deer Park, Wash.
Gardner says Keyes attended a sister's wedding in March in Texas, where he ranted about how he didn't believe in God. That would have been shortly before his arrest.
The pastor says some of the preaching there had targeted Keyes to get him to "denounce his atheism." But Gardner says the ceremony ended with Keyes raging against God.
Information from: Anchorage (Alaska) Daily News, http://www.adn.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)