Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Keyes' family pastor says killer ranted at wedding
Friday - 12/7/2012, 2:19am EST
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - A Texas pastor says an Alaska murder suspect who confessed to targeting people across the country ranted at his sister's March wedding about how he didn't believe in God.
Israel Keyes told authorities he killed Anchorage barista Samantha Koenig and at least seven others over the past decade. He was found dead last Sunday in his Anchorage jail cell after he killed himself.
Pastor Jacob Gardner told The Anchorage Daily News ( http://is.gd/18edAk) that he was traveling with Keyes' mother and other relatives for the killer's funeral Sunday in Deer Park, Wash.
Gardner says Keyes attended a sister's wedding in March in Texas, where he ranted about how he didn't believe in God. That would have been shortly before his arrest.
The pastor says some of the preaching there had targeted Keyes to get him to "denounce his atheism." But Gardner says the ceremony ended with Keyes raging against God.
Information from: Anchorage (Alaska) Daily News, http://www.adn.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)