Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
NY gov: Maid of Mist to continue at Niagara Falls
Tuesday - 12/4/2012, 10:48pm EST
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - A deal has been struck to keep the Maid of the Mist scenic tour boats running from the New York side at Niagara Falls.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo (KWOH'-moh) confirmed the deal Tuesday. The deal is a part of a new license agreement with the state. The boat company will pay the state $105 million over 30 years.
Cuomo says the Maid of the Mist Corp. has agreed to invest $32 million in continuing operations that will provide more state revenue through the Niagara Falls State Park.
The agreement also will lead to improvements for the tourist attraction, potentially including rock climbing and rappelling.
The family-owned tour boat company will make improvements at a former power station nearby to create a winter storage and maintenance facility.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)