Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
NY gov: Maid of Mist to continue at Niagara Falls
Tuesday - 12/4/2012, 10:48pm EST
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - A deal has been struck to keep the Maid of the Mist scenic tour boats running from the New York side at Niagara Falls.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo (KWOH'-moh) confirmed the deal Tuesday. The deal is a part of a new license agreement with the state. The boat company will pay the state $105 million over 30 years.
Cuomo says the Maid of the Mist Corp. has agreed to invest $32 million in continuing operations that will provide more state revenue through the Niagara Falls State Park.
The agreement also will lead to improvements for the tourist attraction, potentially including rock climbing and rappelling.
The family-owned tour boat company will make improvements at a former power station nearby to create a winter storage and maintenance facility.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)