Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Joe Kennedy III, RFK's grandson, weds in Calif.
Monday - 12/3/2012, 1:57pm EST
BOSTON (AP) - Congressman-elect Joe Kennedy III, the grandson of the late Robert F. Kennedy, has married.
A spokeswoman says Kennedy and Lauren Anne Birchfield were married on Saturday at the Community Church in Corona del Mar, Calif., in a ceremony officiated by the bride's father, the Rev. Jim Birchfield.
The marriage comes less than a month after the 32-year-old Kennedy, making his first run for political office, defeated Republican Sean Bielat in Massachusetts' 4th Congressional district. He'll take over the seat of the retiring Democratic Rep. Barney Frank in January.
Kennedy and Birchfield, a fellow Harvard Law School graduate from Houston, announced their engagement in January.
Kennedy is the son of former U.S. Rep. Joseph Kennedy II and grandson of the late Robert F. Kennedy.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)