Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Palestinians appeal for `yes' vote on statehood
Thursday - 11/29/2012, 12:11pm EST
UNITED NATIONS (AP) - Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas is appealing to all nations to vote in favor of a U.N. resolution recognizing the state of Palestine as "an investment in peace."
Abbas said in a statement Thursday ahead of the vote that despite diminishing hopes and a worsening situation on the ground due to Israeli violations "we remain committed to the two-state solution and our hand remains extended in peace."
He said this is why the Palestinians embarked on the "peaceful, political initiative" to raise their U.N. status from an observer to a nonmember observer state.
Palestinian Foreign Minister Riad Malki read the statement to a U.N. event marking the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People. Abbas sat on the dais listening.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)