Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Palestinians appeal for `yes' vote on statehood
Thursday - 11/29/2012, 12:11pm EST
UNITED NATIONS (AP) - Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas is appealing to all nations to vote in favor of a U.N. resolution recognizing the state of Palestine as "an investment in peace."
Abbas said in a statement Thursday ahead of the vote that despite diminishing hopes and a worsening situation on the ground due to Israeli violations "we remain committed to the two-state solution and our hand remains extended in peace."
He said this is why the Palestinians embarked on the "peaceful, political initiative" to raise their U.N. status from an observer to a nonmember observer state.
Palestinian Foreign Minister Riad Malki read the statement to a U.N. event marking the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People. Abbas sat on the dais listening.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)