Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Ga. teen accused of killing stepfather with sword
Monday - 11/26/2012, 11:24am EST
JASPER, Ga. (AP) - Authorities in north Georgia say a 16-year-old boy is expected to make his first court appearance Monday after he was accused of killing his stepfather with a sword.
Pickens County sheriff's Lt. Kris Stancil says a relative of the teen called 911 Friday night to report the stabbing.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution ( http://bit.ly/RbN5tD) reports that it happened at a home inside a gated community in the Jasper area. Jasper is about 60 miles north of Atlanta.
Deputies say they found 36-year-old Christopher Allen inside the home. Stancil said he was taken to WellStar Kennestone Hospital in Marietta, where he died during emergency surgery.
Pickens County Sheriff Donnie Craig says investigators believe the teen stabbed his stepfather with a Samurai-style sword following an argument.
Information from: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, http://www.ajc.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)