Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Ga. teen accused of killing stepfather with sword
Monday - 11/26/2012, 11:24am EST
JASPER, Ga. (AP) - Authorities in north Georgia say a 16-year-old boy is expected to make his first court appearance Monday after he was accused of killing his stepfather with a sword.
Pickens County sheriff's Lt. Kris Stancil says a relative of the teen called 911 Friday night to report the stabbing.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution ( http://bit.ly/RbN5tD) reports that it happened at a home inside a gated community in the Jasper area. Jasper is about 60 miles north of Atlanta.
Deputies say they found 36-year-old Christopher Allen inside the home. Stancil said he was taken to WellStar Kennestone Hospital in Marietta, where he died during emergency surgery.
Pickens County Sheriff Donnie Craig says investigators believe the teen stabbed his stepfather with a Samurai-style sword following an argument.
Information from: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, http://www.ajc.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)