Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Deputies: Fla. drug suspect flushes confession
Saturday - 11/24/2012, 11:18am EST
LAKELAND, Fla. (AP) - Authorities in Florida say a man confessed to trafficking methamphetamine _ and then flushed the detective's recorder down the toilet.
The Ledger reported ( http://bit.ly/ShaU1r) Saturday that Polk County deputies say they found 30-year-old Patrick Townsend driving with 32.4 grams of meth in his boxers during a Wednesday traffic stop.
Deputies say Townsend confessed, claiming he usually deals in much larger quantities. A detective recorded the confession but left the recorder on a desk. Authorities say Townsend grabbed it, hid it in his armpit and asked to use the bathroom, where he flushed it.
An arrest affidavit says that when the detective looked for the recorder, Townsend mocked him by saying: "Tighten up on your job, homie."
Townsend was jailed without bail Saturday, charged with meth trafficking and destroying evidence. No information on an attorney was immediately available.
Information from: The Ledger (Lakeland, Fla.), http://www.theledger.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)