Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Deputies: Fla. drug suspect flushes confession
Saturday - 11/24/2012, 11:18am EST
LAKELAND, Fla. (AP) - Authorities in Florida say a man confessed to trafficking methamphetamine _ and then flushed the detective's recorder down the toilet.
The Ledger reported ( http://bit.ly/ShaU1r) Saturday that Polk County deputies say they found 30-year-old Patrick Townsend driving with 32.4 grams of meth in his boxers during a Wednesday traffic stop.
Deputies say Townsend confessed, claiming he usually deals in much larger quantities. A detective recorded the confession but left the recorder on a desk. Authorities say Townsend grabbed it, hid it in his armpit and asked to use the bathroom, where he flushed it.
An arrest affidavit says that when the detective looked for the recorder, Townsend mocked him by saying: "Tighten up on your job, homie."
Townsend was jailed without bail Saturday, charged with meth trafficking and destroying evidence. No information on an attorney was immediately available.
Information from: The Ledger (Lakeland, Fla.), http://www.theledger.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)