Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Circus camel takes detour through Calif. city
Saturday - 11/24/2012, 5:32am EST
GLENDALE, Calif. (AP) - It wasn't a typical jam up that slowed traffic Southern California's Glendale _ it was a runaway circus camel.
KCAL-TV reports that a camel escaped from Ramos Brothers Circus Friday and began galloping down Glendale Boulevard with handlers in hot pursuit.
The circus says that "Atula" was about to be taken into the circus ring for an exercise but for some reason decided to break free.
Handlers eventually caught up with the rambunctious animal and led her back to the big top, but not before the sight of the exotic beast brought traffic to a stop.
The station reports that the camel's trainers say she has never run away before.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)