Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Police: Customer at NM gun shop accidentally shot
Wednesday - 11/21/2012, 12:06pm EST
SILVER CITY, N.M. (AP) - An employee at a New Mexico gun shop who was unloading a handgun accidentally shot and wounded a customer in the back, authorities said Wednesday.
The 65-year-old customer, who has not been identified, was airlifted from Silver City to an El Paso, Texas, hospital after the shooting on Tuesday and was listed in good condition, police Capt. Steve Reese said.
The shooting occurred at Copper Country Sporting Arms and involved a .45 caliber handgun, Reese said.
"It was pretty unusual," he said. "We hadn't seen any signs of foul play or anything like that."
Reese said the case had been handed over to prosecutors who will make a decision on whether any charges should be filed.
The name of the employee was not released.
A person who answered the phone Wednesday at Copper Country said the store would not comment.
The store is listed on Silver City's tourism website as a shop that sells guns, ammunition, bows, archery supplies and related sporting goods.
Reese said the store has not had any previous problems.
Silver City is located in southwestern New Mexico.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)