Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Authorities: Father of slain girl commits suicide
Friday - 12/28/2012, 6:09pm EST
LAUDERDALE LAKES, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say the father of a 13-year-old girl who was fatally shot on a school bus in South Florida last month is dead in an apparent suicide.
The Broward Sheriff's Office said 34-year-old Armando Alexander Guzman was found dead in a car near Fort Lauderdale Thursday morning from what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound. A witness called 911 after noticing a bullet hole in the car's window and a person inside.
Guzman's daughter, 13-year-old Lourdes Guzman-DeJesus, was shot in neck on the way to school in Homestead on Nov. 20.
Authorities say a 15-year-old student pulled a gun from his backpack and fired it. Eight other children, including Guzman's 7-year-old sister, were not harmed. The student is charged with manslaughter and carrying a concealed weapon.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)