Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Authorities: Father of slain girl commits suicide
Friday - 12/28/2012, 6:09pm EST
LAUDERDALE LAKES, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say the father of a 13-year-old girl who was fatally shot on a school bus in South Florida last month is dead in an apparent suicide.
The Broward Sheriff's Office said 34-year-old Armando Alexander Guzman was found dead in a car near Fort Lauderdale Thursday morning from what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound. A witness called 911 after noticing a bullet hole in the car's window and a person inside.
Guzman's daughter, 13-year-old Lourdes Guzman-DeJesus, was shot in neck on the way to school in Homestead on Nov. 20.
Authorities say a 15-year-old student pulled a gun from his backpack and fired it. Eight other children, including Guzman's 7-year-old sister, were not harmed. The student is charged with manslaughter and carrying a concealed weapon.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)