Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Authorities: Father of slain girl commits suicide
Friday - 12/28/2012, 6:09pm EST
LAUDERDALE LAKES, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say the father of a 13-year-old girl who was fatally shot on a school bus in South Florida last month is dead in an apparent suicide.
The Broward Sheriff's Office said 34-year-old Armando Alexander Guzman was found dead in a car near Fort Lauderdale Thursday morning from what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound. A witness called 911 after noticing a bullet hole in the car's window and a person inside.
Guzman's daughter, 13-year-old Lourdes Guzman-DeJesus, was shot in neck on the way to school in Homestead on Nov. 20.
Authorities say a 15-year-old student pulled a gun from his backpack and fired it. Eight other children, including Guzman's 7-year-old sister, were not harmed. The student is charged with manslaughter and carrying a concealed weapon.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)