Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Chemical plant spokeswoman: Workers safe from fire
Friday - 11/16/2012, 7:31pm EST
GARLAND, Texas (AP) - All workers are accounted for and safe after a chemical plant near Dallas erupted in flames.
The fire started at the Nexeo Solutions plant in Garland about 3:30 p.m. Friday. Nexeo spokeswoman Christina Reynolds says all 41 workers who were at the plant then are safe.
Fire Capt. Merrill Balanciere says it's still unclear what caused the fire, but the flames were fueled by highly flammable toluene and methanol.
Balanaciere said firefighters are pouring water onto storage tanks situated yards from the flames to keep them from igniting.
Evacuations have been ordered within a quarter-mile of the plant.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)