Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Police: Boy, 3, killed in Pa. arson; man charged
Friday - 11/16/2012, 6:16am EST
ALTOONA, Pa. (AP) - Police say a little boy is dead after a man set fire to a family's Pennsylvania home thinking his ex-girlfriend was inside.
Altoona police say 62-year-old Aaron Wilson Dishong set the fire in an attempt to kill his ex but only two young children and their mother were inside.
Three-year-old Daryl Etchison Jr. was killed in the blaze. Authorities say his mother jumped from a third-floor window to save herself and her 2-year-old daughter.
Dishong allegedly incriminated himself during a phone call with a witness that was monitored by police. Investigators say he had been stalking his ex-girlfriend, who had a restraining order against him.
Dishong was jailed Thursday night on homicide, arson and related charges. He denied setting the fire following his arraignment.
Etchison's mother remains hospitalized.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)