Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
SC man arrested in deaths of 2 found in barrels
Saturday - 11/17/2012, 11:09am EST
ANDERSON, S.C. (AP) - South Carolina authorities say they've arrested a man accused of killing two people more than a month ago and stuffing their bodies in barrels before dumping them into a lake.
Anderson County Sheriff's spokesman Chad McBride says John Michael Young was arrested early Saturday. A jail spokesman says Young was likely to make a first appearance before a judge later Saturday. He did not know if Young had an attorney.
Deputies charged Young with two counts of murder after collecting a chainsaw and machetes from his home near Lake Hartwell.
Authorities say Young killed 52-year-old Tony McGinnis in September and 37-year-old Andrea Mitchell in October by beating them in the head in woods near his home. Investigators haven't given a motive but say the slayings weren't random.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)