Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
RI man accused of shooting neighbor with flare gun
Wednesday - 11/14/2012, 9:04am EST
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - A Rhode Island man is accused of trying to settle an argument about noise by shooting his neighbor with a flare gun, setting his jacket on fire.
The Providence Journal reports ( http://bit.ly/W2udOE) that Mark Hitchner was arrested after he shot 59-year-old Joseph Motta in the neck with the gun.
The 49-year-old Hitchner told police he yelled at Motta about noise coming from his Providence apartment Monday evening. Police say Motta told Hitchner to "bring it on" and followed him into his apartment where Hitchner pulled out the flare gun.
Motta declined medical treatment.
Hitchner is charged with assault with a dangerous weapon. A phone number could not be found for Hitchner and it was not known if he's represented by a lawyer.
Information from: The Providence Journal, http://www.providencejournal.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)