Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Woman, 2 children found dead in Miami area home
Wednesday - 11/14/2012, 7:06am EST
MIAMI (AP) - Police are investigating after a neighbor found a 29-year-old woman and her two young daughters dead inside their home near Miami.
Miami-Dade detective Roy Rutland told The Miami Herald ( http://hrld.us/XEqx6h) the neighbor smelled an odor Tuesday and went inside the house to find its source. There, she found Gladys Machado in a closet. Machado's daughters, 4-year-old Daniela Padrino and 8-year-old Julia Padrino, were next to her.
Police say the woman's 6-year-old son was safe with his grandmother.
Friends and family members _ including the children's father _ gathered outside the home Tuesday as police continued their investigation. Neighbors told the newspaper that Machado lived with a boyfriend who had recently been released from jail.
Police have not released the manner of death. No further details were immediately available.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)