Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Jimmy Carter joins board of Mercer Univ. in Ga.
Friday - 11/9/2012, 8:21pm EST
MACON, Ga. (AP) - Former President Jimmy Carter has become a member of the board of trustees at Mercer University.
The Telegraph of Macon reports ( http://bit.ly/VYuU7c) that Carter joined the board at its meeting Friday in the Georgia city.
The 88-year-old Carter told the newspaper he was "very excited about what's happening at Mercer" and was pleased to join the board, which has responsibility for overall policy-making for the college.
Deanna Congileo, a spokeswoman for The Carter Center, says Mercer's board and the center's board will be the only ones on which Carter serves.
Mercer President Bill Underwood said Carter brings a wealth of experience and that it was a "great honor for our institution to have someone of his stature."
During Friday's meeting, the board approved three new graduate degree programs.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)