Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Hundreds honor 2 Atlanta officers killed in crash
Friday - 11/9/2012, 6:56pm EST
ATLANTA (AP) - Hundreds of law enforcement officers are honoring two Atlanta police officers killed when their helicopter crashed during a nighttime search for a missing boy.
Officers Richard J. Halford and Shawn A. Smiley died in Saturday night's crash of their OH-6A helicopter in an Atlanta street. The missing boy was later found safe.
On Friday, a motorcade of officers lined up at Turner Field for a procession to Jackson Memorial Baptist Church for the funeral of Halford, a pilot who had been with the department for 26 years.
On Saturday, a funeral will be held for Smiley at First Baptist Church of Atlanta. A tactical flight officer, Smiley joined the department two years ago. Both men were fathers.
The National Transportation Safety Board continues to investigate the cause of the crash.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)