Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Hundreds honor 2 Atlanta officers killed in crash
Friday - 11/9/2012, 6:56pm EST
ATLANTA (AP) - Hundreds of law enforcement officers are honoring two Atlanta police officers killed when their helicopter crashed during a nighttime search for a missing boy.
Officers Richard J. Halford and Shawn A. Smiley died in Saturday night's crash of their OH-6A helicopter in an Atlanta street. The missing boy was later found safe.
On Friday, a motorcade of officers lined up at Turner Field for a procession to Jackson Memorial Baptist Church for the funeral of Halford, a pilot who had been with the department for 26 years.
On Saturday, a funeral will be held for Smiley at First Baptist Church of Atlanta. A tactical flight officer, Smiley joined the department two years ago. Both men were fathers.
The National Transportation Safety Board continues to investigate the cause of the crash.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)