Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Denver mail carrier steps past man who died
Friday - 11/9/2012, 1:46pm EST
DENVER (AP) - The U.S. Postal Service is defending a mail carrier who walked past a Denver man who collapsed and died near his front door.
Dale Porch was dropped off at home last week after working the night shift for the Regional Transportation District but never made it inside. Family members say that hours later, a mail carrier walked by the body to deliver the mail but did nothing to help.
KMGH-TV ( http://tinyurl.com/a3rxwne) reports the carrier has been temporarily taken off the route. The family says the carrier told them he thought the body was a mannequin, a decoration left over from Halloween.
A Postal Service spokesman called it an unfortunate situation that probably would not have happened any other time of the year.
An autopsy report is pending.
Information from: KMGH-TV, http://www.thedenverchannel.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)