Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Denver mail carrier steps past man who died
Friday - 11/9/2012, 1:46pm EST
DENVER (AP) - The U.S. Postal Service is defending a mail carrier who walked past a Denver man who collapsed and died near his front door.
Dale Porch was dropped off at home last week after working the night shift for the Regional Transportation District but never made it inside. Family members say that hours later, a mail carrier walked by the body to deliver the mail but did nothing to help.
KMGH-TV ( http://tinyurl.com/a3rxwne) reports the carrier has been temporarily taken off the route. The family says the carrier told them he thought the body was a mannequin, a decoration left over from Halloween.
A Postal Service spokesman called it an unfortunate situation that probably would not have happened any other time of the year.
An autopsy report is pending.
Information from: KMGH-TV, http://www.thedenverchannel.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)