Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Denver mail carrier steps past man who died
Friday - 11/9/2012, 1:46pm EST
DENVER (AP) - The U.S. Postal Service is defending a mail carrier who walked past a Denver man who collapsed and died near his front door.
Dale Porch was dropped off at home last week after working the night shift for the Regional Transportation District but never made it inside. Family members say that hours later, a mail carrier walked by the body to deliver the mail but did nothing to help.
KMGH-TV ( http://tinyurl.com/a3rxwne) reports the carrier has been temporarily taken off the route. The family says the carrier told them he thought the body was a mannequin, a decoration left over from Halloween.
A Postal Service spokesman called it an unfortunate situation that probably would not have happened any other time of the year.
An autopsy report is pending.
Information from: KMGH-TV, http://www.thedenverchannel.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)