Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Washington DC-bound plane escorted by military jet
Thursday - 11/8/2012, 11:51pm EST
DENVER (AP) - A United Airlines flight from Denver has landed safely in Washington, D.C., after its crew reported an emergency because a passenger began praying in an aisle.
KUSA-TV reports ( http://on9news.tv/RLS8NO) the plane was escorted by military jets after the crew declared the emergency. The plane landed Thursday at Dulles International Airport.
The Denver TV station reports that the crew made the decision because a male passenger started praying in the middle of an aisle.
United spokeswoman Megan McCarthy says a passenger wasn't following flight attendant instructions for landing.
Information from: KUSA-TV, http://www.9news.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)