Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Washington DC-bound plane escorted by military jet
Thursday - 11/8/2012, 11:51pm EST
DENVER (AP) - A United Airlines flight from Denver has landed safely in Washington, D.C., after its crew reported an emergency because a passenger began praying in an aisle.
KUSA-TV reports ( http://on9news.tv/RLS8NO) the plane was escorted by military jets after the crew declared the emergency. The plane landed Thursday at Dulles International Airport.
The Denver TV station reports that the crew made the decision because a male passenger started praying in the middle of an aisle.
United spokeswoman Megan McCarthy says a passenger wasn't following flight attendant instructions for landing.
Information from: KUSA-TV, http://www.9news.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)