Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
10 Things to Know for Today
Thursday - 11/8/2012, 8:08am EST
(AP) - Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and stories that will be talked about today:
1. AFTER ELECTION, OBAMA AND GOP LAY DOWN MARKERS FOR DEFICIT DEAL
The White House says voters want both sides to set aside partisan interests as Boehner hints at accepting some form of higher tax revenue.
2. HOW OBAMA'S FOREIGN POLICY COULD CHANGE IN HIS SECOND TERM
The president has a freer hand to deal with Syria, Iran and China but first he has to select a new team to implement his agenda.
3. NEW STORM BRINGS SNOW TO NORTHEAST
Tens of thousands lose power as Sandy-ravaged areas dig out from nor'easter.
4. WHAT THE CHINESE PRESIDENT TOLD HIS COUNTRY'S COMMUNIST CONGRESS
Hu Jintao urges party members to curb graft but keep firm political control as he prepares to hand off power to successor.
5. GIFFORDS SHOOTER TO BE SENTENCED
Plea-bargain will ensure that the man who shot the Arizona congresswoman and 17 others will spend the rest of his life in prison.
6. ARGENTINES PREPARE FOR HUGE ANTI-GOVERNMENT MARCH
Pot-banging demonstrators will voice their concerns in Buenos Aires and plazas around the nation.
7. WHERE SCIENTOLOGY DOESN'T SET OFF ALARMS
A newly-opened headquarters for the movement has caused little controversy in Israel.
8. MARIJUANA VOTES SET UP SHOWDOWN WITH FEDS
And a fight is exactly what pot proponents in Colorado and Washington say they want.
9. RISING TIDE OF VIOLENCE TARGETS PAKISTANI HINDUS
The long-suffering minority faces increased physical attacks, forced conversions and discrimination.
10. THE COMPROMISE APPLE MADE ON THE IPAD MINI
AP technology writer Peter Svensson says the screen quality on the smaller tablet is a letdown.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)