Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Defense offers kinky photos in NY cannibal case
Wednesday - 1/30/2013, 2:57pm EST
NEW YORK (AP) - Lawyers for a New York City police officer charged with seeking to kill and eat women want potential jurors to see kinky photos they say were part of their client's fantasy world.
One staged Internet photo shows a nude woman hog-tied and served up on a roasting tray. Another portrays a woman tied to a spit over an open fire.
The proposed questionnaire would ask potential jurors if they have a bias against people who frequent Internet sites depicting sadomasochistic behavior.
A federal judge will rule on the request before trial starts next month for Gilberto Valle (VAL'-ee).
The 28-year-old was charged last fall with using a law enforcement database to make plans to kidnap, rape, kill and eat women. Lawyers have said he was merely fantasizing and intended no violence.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)