Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Defense offers kinky photos in NY cannibal case
Wednesday - 1/30/2013, 2:57pm EST
NEW YORK (AP) - Lawyers for a New York City police officer charged with seeking to kill and eat women want potential jurors to see kinky photos they say were part of their client's fantasy world.
One staged Internet photo shows a nude woman hog-tied and served up on a roasting tray. Another portrays a woman tied to a spit over an open fire.
The proposed questionnaire would ask potential jurors if they have a bias against people who frequent Internet sites depicting sadomasochistic behavior.
A federal judge will rule on the request before trial starts next month for Gilberto Valle (VAL'-ee).
The 28-year-old was charged last fall with using a law enforcement database to make plans to kidnap, rape, kill and eat women. Lawyers have said he was merely fantasizing and intended no violence.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)