Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Mich. shooting spree suspect competent for trial
Wednesday - 1/30/2013, 2:11pm EST
HOWELL, Mich. (AP) - A man charged in a shooting spree that targeted motorists along a highway corridor in four Michigan counties has been found competent to stand trial.
A forensic competency examination found Raulie Casteel fit for trial on charges brought by the state attorney general's office.
The findings were discussed at a hearing Wednesday in Howell District Court.
Casteel faces similar charges in Oakland County. A competency hearing is scheduled for Thursday in Novi District Court in that case. The findings are expected to be the same.
Casteel faces 60 counts in Oakland County, including assault with intent to murder. The AG's office brought a terrorism charge against him.
Authorities say the 43-year-old shot at cars along Interstate 96 in October.
Defense lawyers describe Casteel as college educated with no criminal history.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)