Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Pa.-based Journal Register to be auctioned in 2013
Thursday - 12/20/2012, 6:45pm EST
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - The Journal Register Co. will be sold at auction early next year, the company announced Thursday.
A bankruptcy judge in New York approved the process by which the media company will be sold, with an auction to conclude by Feb. 15 and the winning bidder to be revealed Feb. 21.
Journal Register filed for bankruptcy protection in September for the second time in three years and hopes to reduce pensions and other costs through a quick sale of the media company's assets.
The company, based in Yardley, has 18 newspapers and other media properties in 10 states, including the New Haven Register in Connecticut, The Oakland Press in Pontiac, Mich., and The Daily Local News in West Chester.
A company called Digital First Media currently operates Journal Register along with MediaNews Group.
Digital First said a bid was filed by 21st CMH Acquisition Co., an affiliate of funds managed by Alden Global Capital LLC.
Alden, a New York hedge fund, acquired Journal Register last year. Alden has been investing in distress sales of various newspaper and media concerns, including Philadelphia Newspapers, in recent years.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)