Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Nev. livestock trailer crash kills 4, closes road
Tuesday - 8/14/2012, 1:18pm EDT
STAGECOACH, Nev. (AP) - Four people were killed in a fiery crash involving a trailer hauling livestock in northern Nevada that blocked U.S. Highway 50 east of Carson City.
Nevada Highway Patrol Trooper Chuck Allen says the multiple-vehicle crash and explosion happened just after 9 a.m. Tuesday near Stagecoach, about 10 miles east of Dayton.
The highway is expected to remain closed in both directions most of the day in the area about 25 miles east of Carson City.
Allen told The Associated Press that Lyon County authorities have confirmed four people were killed. He says he doesn't know if any cattle died.
KRNV-TV reports three vehicles were involved in the crash and three people were injured in addition to the four deaths.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)