Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
NY Bronx DA to drop charges vs. 2 jailed 17 years
Friday - 12/7/2012, 9:13pm EST
NEW YORK (AP) - Prosecutors are dropping charges against two people who served 17 years behind bars for killing a New York City livery cab driver. New evidence has suggested they were innocent.
The New York Post ( http://bit.ly/YLGnOr) says Bronx prosecutors announced their intentions in court papers Friday.
Eric Glisson and Cathy Watkins were released in October but ordered to wear electronic monitoring bracelets. Those are set to come off after a court date next week.
Glisson and Watkins were convicted of the 1995 murder of cabbie Baithe Diop. They have insisted they're innocent.
The case got a new look this year after a federal investigation revealed that two jailed gang members confessed to killing Diop.
Bronx prosecutors say they may also drop charges against three other people convicted in the case.
Information from: New York Post, http://www.nypost.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)