Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Woman who died in Megabus crash was India native
Friday - 8/3/2012, 10:18am EDT
LITCHFIELD, Ill. (AP) - A 25-year-old passenger who died in the crash of a double-decker bus in Illinois was a native of India and a graduate student at the University of Missouri.
Aditi R. Avhad was headed to Columbia, Mo., Thursday when the bus slammed into a highway overpass support pillar near Litchfield, about 55 miles northeast of St. Louis.
The school said Friday that Avhad was a graduate student in health administration from Mumbai.
Illinois State Trooper Brad Lemarr says he doesn't know where Avhad was seated on the bus, which was traveling between Chicago and Kansas City.
Thirty-eight people were sent to hospitals with injuries. Officials say some patients were still hospitalized Friday but that no one had life-threatening injuries.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)