Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
In video, suspect is thin teen with a shy smile
Sunday - 7/22/2012, 11:30am EDT
DENVER (AP) - A 6-year-old video shows Colorado shooting suspect James Holmes as a thin teenager wearing an oversized shirt and occasionally breaking into a slight, shy smile.
ABC News aired the video Sunday showing Holmes speaking at a science camp at Miramar College in San Diego when he was 18.
His presentation is on "temporal illusion," which he defines as "an illusion that allows you to change the past."
He says he studies subjective experience, calling it "what takes place inside the mind, as opposed to the external world."
A woman who introduces Holmes says he wants to become a researcher and make scientific discoveries.
She says his dream is to own a Slurpee machine, eliciting laughter from the audience and a smile from Holmes.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)