Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Chick-fil-A chief: 'We support Biblical families'
Wednesday - 10/3/2012, 11:36am EDT
THOMASTON, Ga. (AP) - Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy voiced his support for "Biblical families" in one of his first interviews since his earlier comments caused controversy regarding gay marriage.
Cathy told Atlanta TV station WXIA in an interview released Wednesday ( http://on.11alive.com/PONhtv) that families are important to "those of us who are concerned about being able to hang on to our heritage."
He added "we support Biblical families, and they've always been a part of that."
Cathy made the comments over the weekend at an event at his family's Georgia ranch.
Cathy kicked up a storm of protest and support this summer with comments opposing same-sex marriage. Long lines formed outside Chick-fil-A restaurants on an "appreciation day" and opponents countered with "kiss-ins" by same-sex couples.
Cathy's father started the Atlanta-based company in 1967.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)