Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Chick-fil-A chief: 'We support Biblical families'
Wednesday - 10/3/2012, 11:36am EDT
THOMASTON, Ga. (AP) - Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy voiced his support for "Biblical families" in one of his first interviews since his earlier comments caused controversy regarding gay marriage.
Cathy told Atlanta TV station WXIA in an interview released Wednesday ( http://on.11alive.com/PONhtv) that families are important to "those of us who are concerned about being able to hang on to our heritage."
He added "we support Biblical families, and they've always been a part of that."
Cathy made the comments over the weekend at an event at his family's Georgia ranch.
Cathy kicked up a storm of protest and support this summer with comments opposing same-sex marriage. Long lines formed outside Chick-fil-A restaurants on an "appreciation day" and opponents countered with "kiss-ins" by same-sex couples.
Cathy's father started the Atlanta-based company in 1967.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)