Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Man dies when raft capsizes off Washington coast
Sunday - 7/8/2012, 11:52pm EDT
ILWACO, Wash. (AP) - A 55-year-old Seattle area man has died after his inflatable raft capsized in the ocean in southwest Washington.
Pacific County Sheriff Scott Johnson said Sunday that John Beaumeir of Woodinville was rafting with a friend in the surf off of Benson Beach at Cape Disappointment State Park when their raft capsized several times in the rough waters.
The two managed to get back on board, but the raft capsized again and partially deflated. Beaumeir became separated from his friend, 28-year-old Israel Anderson, who managed to hold onto the raft and paddled to shore Saturday afternoon.
A surf rescue team spotted Beaumeir unconscious in the ocean, and rescuers attempted to resuscitate him. He was taken to Ocean Beach Hospital in Ilwaco where he died.
Both Beaumeir and Anderson worked as nurses at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)