Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Man dies when raft capsizes off Washington coast
Sunday - 7/8/2012, 11:52pm EDT
ILWACO, Wash. (AP) - A 55-year-old Seattle area man has died after his inflatable raft capsized in the ocean in southwest Washington.
Pacific County Sheriff Scott Johnson said Sunday that John Beaumeir of Woodinville was rafting with a friend in the surf off of Benson Beach at Cape Disappointment State Park when their raft capsized several times in the rough waters.
The two managed to get back on board, but the raft capsized again and partially deflated. Beaumeir became separated from his friend, 28-year-old Israel Anderson, who managed to hold onto the raft and paddled to shore Saturday afternoon.
A surf rescue team spotted Beaumeir unconscious in the ocean, and rescuers attempted to resuscitate him. He was taken to Ocean Beach Hospital in Ilwaco where he died.
Both Beaumeir and Anderson worked as nurses at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)