Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
AP PHOTOS: Americans celebrate the Fourth of July
Thursday - 7/5/2012, 8:44am EDT
(AP) - Across the United States, Americans celebrated 236 years of independence with backyard barbeques, family gatherings and, of course, fireworks.
Many celebrations were scaled-down or canceled due to weather-related power outages and concerns of spreading wildfires amid dry, hot weather. But many more went on as planned.
Hundreds of thousands from the Midwest to the Mid-Atlantic were spending the Fourth of July like America's founders did in 1776: Without the conveniences of electricity and air conditioning.
In the nation's capital, thousands of visitors from across the country took part in Independence Day celebrations despite high temperatures and the threat of thunderstorms.
Here's a photo gallery from Fourth of July celebrations across the U.S.
Read more about the Fourth of July: http://apne.ws/O4NrL9
AP Essay: In divided era, what does July 4th mean? http://apne.ws/O4NGG3
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)