Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Madoff brother attends granddaughter's bat mitzvah
Sunday - 1/20/2013, 8:13pm EST
NEW YORK (AP) - The prison-bound brother of Wall Street swindler Bernard Madoff (MAY'-dawf) has attended his granddaughter's bat mitzvah in New York.
Peter Madoff was sentenced in December to 10 years in prison for his role in the massive Ponzi scheme. The judge delayed his lockup date so he could attend the Jewish ceremony.
The 67-year-old pleaded guilty in June to charges that he created false documents while he was chief compliance officer at his brother's firm.
Madoff will report to prison Feb. 6. His brother is serving a 150-year sentence in North Carolina after revealing the fraud in 2008. Thousands of investors lost about $20 billion.
The New York Post ( http://bit.ly/10sqhJu) reports that Peter Madoff said a brief prayer in Hebrew and touched his lips to the Torah during Saturday's ceremony.
Information from: New York Post, http://www.nypost.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)