Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Madoff brother attends granddaughter's bat mitzvah
Sunday - 1/20/2013, 8:13pm EST
NEW YORK (AP) - The prison-bound brother of Wall Street swindler Bernard Madoff (MAY'-dawf) has attended his granddaughter's bat mitzvah in New York.
Peter Madoff was sentenced in December to 10 years in prison for his role in the massive Ponzi scheme. The judge delayed his lockup date so he could attend the Jewish ceremony.
The 67-year-old pleaded guilty in June to charges that he created false documents while he was chief compliance officer at his brother's firm.
Madoff will report to prison Feb. 6. His brother is serving a 150-year sentence in North Carolina after revealing the fraud in 2008. Thousands of investors lost about $20 billion.
The New York Post ( http://bit.ly/10sqhJu) reports that Peter Madoff said a brief prayer in Hebrew and touched his lips to the Torah during Saturday's ceremony.
Information from: New York Post, http://www.nypost.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)