Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Arraignment delayed for ex-New Orleans mayor Nagin
Wednesday - 1/23/2013, 4:16pm EST
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - A judge has postponed the arraignment of former New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin, who is charged with taking contractors' bribes in exchange for helping them secure lucrative work for the city.
Nagin, who gained national prominence leading battered New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina in 2005, was scheduled to be arraigned Jan. 31. On Wednesday, however, U.S. District Judge Helen Berrigan rescheduled arraignment for Feb. 20 without explanation.
A federal indictment last Friday accuses Nagin of accepting more than $200,000 in bribes, island vacations and other gratuities. Charges against Nagin include bribery, wire fraud and filing false tax returns.
His lawyer hasn't returned several phone calls from The Associated Press.
A once-popular mayor elected in 2002, Nagin saw his support dwindle over his city's tepid pace of recovery after Katrina.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)