Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
NY jury awards over $950 million to Liberty Media
Monday - 6/25/2012, 6:21pm EDT
NEW YORK (AP) - A New York jury has awarded more than $950 million to U.S. media group Liberty Media after concluding French entertainment group Vivendi deceived it.
The jury in federal court in Manhattan issued the award Monday after hearing evidence related to a stock swap involving USA Networks a decade ago. Liberty Media had accused Vivendi of deceiving it with rosy statements about its finances when the actual records reflected a liquidity crisis in the company.
Vivendi says it will appeal the jury verdict. It says it will seek "all available paths of action to overturn the verdict or reduce the damages award."
It says it believes "strongly that it did nothing wrong and will continue to vigorously defend itself."
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)