Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Man arrested in deadly boat collision on Ga. lake
Tuesday - 6/19/2012, 6:22pm EDT
ATLANTA (AP) - Crews will resume their search Wednesday for a 13-year-old boy who disappeared in a Georgia lake after a fishing boat rammed a pontoon boat, killing a 9-year-old boy and injuring three other passengers on the vessel.
Authorities said the fishing boat left the area after the Monday night collision. Searchers using sonar found no trace of the missing youth Tuesday and authorities in Hall County said the search would continue Wednesday.
They said 44-year-old Paul J. Bennett of Cumming was arrested Tuesday and charged with boating under the influence. A home number for Bennett could not be located, and it wasn't known whether he has an attorney representing him.
There were 13 people aboard the pontoon boat when it was struck.
The area is about 40 miles from Atlanta.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)