Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
J.C. Penney says President Francis is leaving
Monday - 6/18/2012, 5:30pm EDT
(AP) - J.C. Penney Co. says Michael Francis, the former Target Corp. executive brought in to redefine the brand, is leaving the company.
The department store operator gave no reason for his immediate departure.
J.C. Penney hired Francis in October as president to redefine the Plano, Texas, company's brand and boost its sagging sales.
Francis was responsible for merchandising, marketing and product development.
J.C. Penney has hired a number of big-name executives to help transform everything about the retailer. The riskiest move was the elimination of hundreds of sales events in favor of more predictable low prices, but shoppers have not embraced the change.
Shares of J.C. Penney fell nearly 6 percent in after-hours trading Monday on the news.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)