Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
10 Things to Know for Friday
Thursday - 1/31/2013, 9:35pm EST
By The Associated Press
(AP) - Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Friday:
1. HAGEL KEEPS HIS COOL UNDER FIRE
Republican senators hammer away during his confirmation hearing. But Obama's pick for defense secretary still seems headed for approval.
2. HOW THE US MIGHT RETALIATE AGAINT CHINESE HACKERS
Major purchases of Chinese goods could be put through stiff reviews, hitting Beijing in the wallet.
3. ISRAEL LIABLE TO AGAIN STRIKE SYRIA
The military risk seems worth taking considering the dangers of allowing sophisticated weapons to reach Hezbollah guerrillas in Lebanon.
4. WHY YOU'RE FEELING MORE PAIN AT THE PUMP
Prices are up 13 cents over the past two weeks, in part because of rising crude oil prices.
5. WHITES TO BE A MINORITY IN CALIFORNIA
Hispanics are set to overtake other ethnic groups in the nation's most populous state by early next year.
6. EGYPTIAN POLICE REGAIN NOTORIETY
The security forces have re-emerged as a tool of repression after spending the two years since Mubarak's ouster on the sidelines.
7. ATTENTION-GETTING. CONTROVERSIAL. SENATOR?
Geraldo Rivera says he is "truly contemplating" a Senate bid to represent New Jersey.
8. HOAX MASTERMIND UNDER CUPID'S SPELL
Ronaiah Tuiasosopo says on the "Dr. Phil Show," that he fell in love with Manti Te'o and pretended to be his online girlfriend.
9. SINGER ADDRESSES `BEYONCE-GATE'
She admits performing to a pre-recorded track at Obama's inauguration. But she pledges to sing live at the Super Bowl.
10. HOLY GUACAMOLE! PARTY-GOERS WILL CONSUME 158 MILLION AVOCADOS ON SUNDAY
A marvel of marketing muscle has made the green fruit the star at nearly every Super Bowl bash.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)