Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
10 Things to Know for Thursday
Wednesday - 1/30/2013, 8:37pm EST
(AP) - Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Thursday:
1. A WINDOW INTO HOW GIFFORDS IS FARING
She gives powerful testimony before Congress on gun control, despite some speech and other physical problems.
2. ISRAELI WARPLANES STRIKE WITHIN SYRIA
The Syrians say a military research center was hit _ but many observers believe the Israelis targeted a shipment of weapons bound for Hezbollah.
3. WHAT SHAPED HAGEL'S MILITARY VIEWS
On the eve of his confirmation hearing, the defense secretary nominee says his experience fighting in Vietnam will inform his decisions.
4. INSIDE THE ALABAMA GUNMAN'S BUNKER
Underground hideaway at the center of a hostage drama outfitted with electricity, TV and foodstuffs.
5. HOW A WEEK OF UNREST HAS WEAKENED EGYPT'S PRESIDENT
Morsi is now facing opposition from liberals and ultra-conservatives alike.
6. WALL STREET GIVES NEW BLACKBERRY A LUKEWARM RECEPTION
Some investors think the smartphone makeover may not be enough to turn the company's fortunes around.
7. FABLED CITY'S PAPERS SAFE
Islamist extremists damaged or stole only a limited number of rare African manuscripts before fleeing Timbuktu, contrary to earlier reports.
8. WHY IT'S NOT CALLED `SEXERCISE'
One activity you thought might be doing you some good and burning extra calories probably isn't.
9. LAST OF THE ANDREWS SISTERS DIES
Patty Andrews outlived LaVerne and Maxene. The trio captured the home-front spirit of World War II with their swing-era hits.
10. BET ON IT: BALTIMORE WILL WIN THE SUPER BOWL
The AP's Barry Wilner favors the Ravens because of their tough defense and underappreciated QB, Joe Flacco.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)