Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
10 Things to Know for Wednesday
Tuesday - 1/29/2013, 9:11pm EST
(AP) - Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Wednesday:
1. OBAMA VOWS TO FAST-TRACK IMMIGRATION OVERHAUL
He says he'll send his own legislation to Capitol Hill if lawmakers don't act quickly.
2. WHAT CAUSED THE BRAZIL NIGHTCLUB FIRE
The flares for the band's onstage pyrotechnic display were meant only for outdoor use. They cost $1.25 each _ while an indoor flare costs $35.
3. KERRY BREEZES TO CONFIRMATION AS SEC'Y OF STATE
Even Republicans praise him as Clinton's ideal successor.
4. CHUCK HAGEL AIMS FOR ZERO
The likely next secretary of defense supports an international movement that favors eliminating all nuclear weapons.
5. AN URGENT SUMMONS FOR SYRIAN AID
Officials plan to seek $1.5 billion from the international community to help up to 1 million refugees and twice that number of people inside the country.
6. BP CLOSES BOOK ON CRIMINAL PROBE OF GULF OIL SPILL
A judge agrees to let the company plead guilty to manslaughter charges for the deaths of 11 rig workers and pay a record $4 billion in penalties.
7. FURY IN EGYPT
Nation on the threshold of revolt against an Islamist president buries its dead as political violence intensifies.
8. EYES IN THE AFRICAN SKY
The Obama administration plans to locate a drone base in Niger to monitor al-Qaida as concerns about extremists there deepen.
9. A-ROD DENIES CLAIMS HE BOUGHT HUMAN GROWTH HORMONE
Miami newspaper alleges the three-time AL MVP used a now-defunct clinic to buy PEDs.
10. HOW TO TELL THE HARBAUGHS APART
Jim's the intense competitor. Older brother John is more engaging.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)