Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
10 Things to Know for Wednesday
Tuesday - 1/29/2013, 9:11pm EST
(AP) - Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Wednesday:
1. OBAMA VOWS TO FAST-TRACK IMMIGRATION OVERHAUL
He says he'll send his own legislation to Capitol Hill if lawmakers don't act quickly.
2. WHAT CAUSED THE BRAZIL NIGHTCLUB FIRE
The flares for the band's onstage pyrotechnic display were meant only for outdoor use. They cost $1.25 each _ while an indoor flare costs $35.
3. KERRY BREEZES TO CONFIRMATION AS SEC'Y OF STATE
Even Republicans praise him as Clinton's ideal successor.
4. CHUCK HAGEL AIMS FOR ZERO
The likely next secretary of defense supports an international movement that favors eliminating all nuclear weapons.
5. AN URGENT SUMMONS FOR SYRIAN AID
Officials plan to seek $1.5 billion from the international community to help up to 1 million refugees and twice that number of people inside the country.
6. BP CLOSES BOOK ON CRIMINAL PROBE OF GULF OIL SPILL
A judge agrees to let the company plead guilty to manslaughter charges for the deaths of 11 rig workers and pay a record $4 billion in penalties.
7. FURY IN EGYPT
Nation on the threshold of revolt against an Islamist president buries its dead as political violence intensifies.
8. EYES IN THE AFRICAN SKY
The Obama administration plans to locate a drone base in Niger to monitor al-Qaida as concerns about extremists there deepen.
9. A-ROD DENIES CLAIMS HE BOUGHT HUMAN GROWTH HORMONE
Miami newspaper alleges the three-time AL MVP used a now-defunct clinic to buy PEDs.
10. HOW TO TELL THE HARBAUGHS APART
Jim's the intense competitor. Older brother John is more engaging.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)